Benefits of Sharing Content
Is your business using social media channels like YouTube and SlideShare? Videos have become the ‘must have’ tool for personalising your internet content, is great for demonstrations and presentations to your target audience. Videos with voiceovers work particularly well, especially for technical topics or marketing letters.
Unlock the potential of these powerful tools to build your online presence, and maximise the returns from these social media platforms.
- Content has become a major asset and is the heart of an effective web presence. If your content isn’t right and of good quality, your prospects simply won’t engage with it in the way you hope. When people link to you, they’re linking to your content. When they share via social networks, they’re sharing your content.
- Start with identifying what content will be interesting to your audience. Then consider which platforms and tools are going to give your articles, videos or presentations the best chance to be seen and shared, thus adding to links to your site which the search engines love. A Content Plan or Blueprint will help to identify a series of Topics that is relevant to you target market and the best ways to reach them.
- Implement a timely response strategy with a commitment to engaging viewers and commentators will strengthen those relationships with your community. Take the relationship building potential of the social media community to a new level by creating individual responses to viewers who commented on the originals.
- Take lessons from platform-specific social media platforms, such as what people “like” and “dislike”. Initiate discussions about what’s popular and what’s not. Your viewers are voting with a thumbs-up or thumbs-down — try to initiate a dialog about why they vote as they do.
- Search for people and company profiles in your field and start “following” them. Review their content and provide them with feedback, favourite presentations or videos that you really liked. Comment on them, provide them with a link to your own content, presentations or videos on the same topic and ask for feedback.
Best Practices for Sharing Media Content Online
- Quality over Quantity
Most companies get into the ‘quantity versus quality’ count of followers or fans. It’s always best to have Quality followers, they will engage with you, give you honest feedback and could even become your brand evangelists.
- Engage with Customers
Customer service and engagement overall is a new and genuine form of un-marketing. Customers, prospects, and influencers are already engaging with others to contribute, learn, and discover. Try using engagement as a fast, free, and powerful way to reach and serve customers.
- Give to gain
Successful social media marketing programs involve listening and participation. That participation centers around giving value before expecting anything in return.
- Make it Portable, Searchable & Shareable
Avoid the mindset that your content must be published only on your site and completely controlled by you. Viewers are using multiple channels and Social platforms to find relevant content and Good content should be built to travel, so users should be able to download, embed or share it as they like. This will help to build you reputation with your community and also demonstrate your expertise in your sector plus helping to build those all important inbound links to your website.
Globally, companies have recognised Social Media Marketing as an exploding marketing platform and are utilising it to creatively enhance their marketing and branding.